Potatoes, potatoes, potatoes, don’t you just love em? I certainly do. Especially when they are made into Vegan Salt & Pepper Potato-Wedges.
With just 4 ingredients, it’s hard to believe you can make something that tastes so good. And, they are 4 ingredients that most people will already have without having to go to the shops 😊.
And so easy too!
What size potatoes?
I used small potatoes to make these Vegan Salt & Pepper Potato-Wedges, and literally cut them in 4 lengthways. Popped them in a saucepan, covered them with water, brought them to the boil, and simmered for a few minutes to soften.
However, you can use any size potatoes and just cut them accordingly, e.g. a large potato will probably make 8 wedges cut lengthways.
Once softened, I made the oil mixture by adding the salt and pepper in a large bowl,
and tossed the hot wedges to coat them with the oil mixture.
Popped them on a baking tray, placed on the top shelf in the oven to finish cooking, and what a result!
Delicious, fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside, and gluten free – how easy was that!
Why not try my delicious Vegan Pea (Petit Pois) Pate – Gluten Free as a dip with your wedges?
Vegan Salt & Pepper Potato Wedges - Gluten Free
- 50 min
- 216 Cals/Serving
- Print this
- 800g potatoes
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1
- Pre-heat the oven to 180℃ fan/200℃/400°F/Gas 6.
- Step 2
- Cut the potatoes in half, lengthways and then cut each half in half again, also lengthways to give wedge shape.
- Step 3
- Place the wedges in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Step 4
- In a large bowl, place the rapeseed oil, salt and pepper and mix together.
- Step 5
- Strain the potato wedges and add to the oil mixture. Toss in the oil mixture until the wedges are thoroughly coated.
- Step 6
- Place on a baking tray and cook in the top of the oven for 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy. I find that my oven cooks quicker at the front so you may want to turn the tray halfway through cooking.
- Step 7
- Serve with whatever takes your fancy 😊.