If you have tried my Vegan Plum Tomato Polenta Loaf Vegan Plum Tomato Polenta Loaf, you must try these cute little Vegan Polenta Party Bites.
With only a few ingredients, you can pull a healthy party food together in minutes.
But please note that you will need several hours to chill the party bites, which is great as you can make all your other party foods while they are getting ready for the party by just ‘chillin’ in the fridge 😂.
I used a pre-cut silicone mould with 24 holes to get the shape of the Vegan Polenta Pary Bites. But if you don’t have one, you can put the whole mixture in a tray to chill and then cut to size.
Make them look cute!
I cut some of the pieces into quarters to make some cute little basil and olive boats.
But if you have used a tray to chill the mixture, you can cut the chilled polenta to the size and shape you want.
Vegan Polenta Party Bites
- Makes 24 Bite-sized Pieces
- 25 per party bite Cals/Serving
- Print this
- 100g quick cook polenta
- ½ red onion, cut into 4
- 4 closed cup mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Red Jalapeno chilli, de-seeded and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 50g cheese, grated
- 400mls freshly boiled water
- Basil leaves and Olives to serve (optional and not included in calories)
- Step 1
- Place the onion, mushrooms and red chilli in a food processor, or similar, and pulse 2-3 times for 1-2 seconds, until all the ingredients are evenly chopped.
- Step 2
- Add the garlic powder and oregano to the dried polenta and stir in.
- Step 3
- Pour the water into a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Step 4
- Add the chopped onion, mushrooms and red chilli and bring back to the boil.
- Step 5
- Once boiling, gently pour the polenta, garlic powder and herb mix into the boiling pan and stir constantly. As soon as the pan is bubbling, reduce the heat, stir in the grated cheese, and continue to simmer, stirring continuously for 2-3 minutes to thicken the mixture. You should be able to see the bottom of the pan when stirring.
- Step 6
- Then pour into a 24 hole silicone mould or line a tray, measuring approximately 14 x 21 cm. Spread evenly and leave to cool. Once cool enough to go in the fridge, chill for several hours.
- Step 7
- If you used a lined tray, once thoroughly chilled, turn out on to a chopping board and cut to your preferred size. Please note, when cut to 3.5cm/1.75 inches square, the mixture will make 24 party bites.
- Step 8
- These are great as they are but also make a fun party feature made into basil and olive-boats.