Who doesn’t love a good pea? And what better peas than succulent petit pois (small peas), taken from the pod before they mature. And even more so when made into this delicious, easily spreadable, Vegan Petit Pois Pate – Gluten Free too!
One of my fondest memories from my childhood is the amazing garden that my dad kept. We were lucky to have a large garden and I remember it being filled with wonderful vegetables.
Although I didn’t actually like vegetables back then, well I was a kid, I loved it when my dad let me water the garden.
Of course, it was the mud I attracted as I went through the rows of the different vegetables and the peas I ‘tested’ straight from their pods, that made me love that garden so ❤.
Add some colour!
I do love a bit of colour in my food and that’s why I decided to add the red pepper to this Vegan Petit Pois pate.
There is no need to cook the red pepper first as chopped very finely, it adds the perfect texture to this light, delicious and colourful gluten free vegan pea pate.
It looks amazing, tastes amazing, and makes it perfect as a light starter for a dinner party. (I am writing the guest list now, post Covid of course 😥)
Please note that the toasted french stick it is served with is not gluten free. But those of you who do follow a gluten free diet can use a gluten free bread instead.
But you can also keep this gluten free by using it as a dip for my very tasty Vegan Salt & Pepper Potato Wedges. ENJOY!
Vegan Petit Pois & Red Pepper Pate - Gluten Free
- 6 (makes 6 x 60g portions)
- 20 min
- 62 Cals/Serving
- 200mls cold water
- 1 tablespoon agar flakes
- 200g petit pois, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon vegan, gluten free stock powder
- ½ red bell pepper, very finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Prepare the agar liquid by putting the water in a saucepan and sprinkling over the agar flakes. Bring to the boil without stirring.
- Step 2
- Reduce heat and stir occasionally, until the flakes have dissolved – this will take approximately 5 minutes.
- Step 3
- Remove from heat, add the petit pois and stock powder and blend using a hand blender.
- Step 4
- Stir in the red pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 5
- Divide the mixture into 6 small serving bowls and place in the fridge to chill for several hours.
- Step 6
- Serve with toasted sliced french stick.