I love ‘dips and chips’ but the supermarket bought ones can be expensive for what they are and high in fat. So these quick and easy vegan home-baked flour tortilla chips are great to add your own flavour whilst reducing calories and fat intake.
Although these taste great as they are, you can easily add some flavour to the tortillas.
You simply brush the tortillas with water and dust with your chosen flavour!
This time I have used smoked paprika.
But you can use salt, black pepper, herbs, cajun spices to mention a few, or a different flavour on each tortilla. Whatever takes your fancy!
Then simply cut into triangles, like you would a pizza, and bake in the oven.
I always keep a couple of packets in the cupboard for a quick snack should friends turn-up, or just to satisfy my own ‘dip and chip’ urges 😉.
Home-Baked Vegan Tortilla chips
- 15 min
- 140 Cals/Serving
- Print this
- 4 shop-bought flour tortillas, either white or wholemeal
- Smoked Paprika for dusting
- Step 1
- Pre-heat the oven to 180℃ fan/200℃/400°F/Gas 6.
- Step 2
- Place the tortillas on a chopping board, you can pile them up so you don’t have to cut them individually.
- Step 3
- Cut them, with a pizza cutter or a sharp knife, into half and then into triangle shapes, just like you would a pizza.
- Step 4
- Place on a baking tray (you may need to do this in two batches).
- Step 5
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 5- 8 minutes until crispy but not burnt.