This fantastically Zingy Cannellini Bean Dip is ready in less than 10 minutes! If you love a citrus zing then this is the dip for you!
This really is an incredibly quick, easy, and very tasty dip. It actually yields quite a thick consistency so it is also great for spreading on crackers and breads too.
However, if you like a really strong zing, then add the juice and zest of 2 lemons. This will yield a thinner dip.
If you want a thinner dip but not the extra zing, then just save the liquid when you drain the beans from the tin and add a tablespoon to the processor when blending.
Personally, it depends on what I am serving the dip with. But when I want a thinner consistency, I go for the extra zing and add the extra juice and zest! 🍋🍋
It’s a really lovely dip to use instead of hummus and really lifts things like roasted peppers, courgettes, and aubergines.
How To Make Zingy Cannellini Bean Dip
Equipment you will need
Step 1 – Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. You will need to push the ingredients down the sides of the processor a couple of times to ensure even blending.
I even let the processor chop the thyme too. Just make sure you have cut off the really woody ends of the thyme. New, fresh shoots of the thyme are the best to use.
I have used lemon thyme but normal thyme is fine, especially if you are adding the zest and juice of two lemons.
You can see more fabulous Tapas recipes in my FREE ebook – Vegan Tapas when you subscribe to my blog.
Have you tried this dip? I would love to know if you used one or two lemons, so please leave a comment in the comments box below, it will be great to hear from you 👍👍
Happy Zingy Dip making and ENJOY! 😊
Zingy Cannellini Bean Dip
- 10 min
- 175 Cals/Serving
- Print this
- 1 400g / 14oz tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 15ml / 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon (for an extra zing, use 2 lemons)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Small bunch of lemon thyme, woody ends cut off
- 2.5ml / ½ teaspoon freshly ground salt
- 2.5ml / ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. You will need to push the ingredients down the sides of the processor a couple of times to ensure even blending.
- Step 2
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with home-baked tortilla chips, poppyseed crackers, or rye & pumpkin seed crackers – the options are endless!