I just love potato salad and with all the options of vegan mayonnaise available in the supermarkets and health food shops, this Vegan Smoked-Paprika Potato Salad can be made so quickly.
However, for this Vegan Smoked Paprika Potato Salad, I have given it a twist by using smoked paprika and gave it a further tasty kick by adding fabulous mushroom ketchup.
I first discovered mushroom ketchup many years ago when I needed it for a recipe. Back then I had never heard of it and it was only available in a delicatessen. It’s still not the easiest ingredient to get hold of, but the manufacture – Gio Watkins has a search engine to find stockists in your area. I buy mine from my local Waitrose.
I am sure that once you try mushroom ketchup in this recipe for Vegan Smoked-Paprika Potato Salad, you will think it is worth the effort! And it can be used to give flavour to so many other dishes too 😊.
Let me know what you think when you have tried this recipe – leave me a comment in the comments box below. 👍
Happy Potato Salad making and ENJOY!
Vegan Smoked Paprika Potato Salad
- 40 min
- 137 Cals/Serving
- Print this
- 450g potatoes, peeled and evenly diced
- 4 tablespoons of good quality vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of mushroom ketchup
- Step 1
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Cover the pan, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes until soft but not falling apart.
- Step 2
- Drain and leave to cool completely. You can speed this process by submerging the cooked potatoes in icy-cold water for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 3
- Whilst the potatoes are cooling, place the mayonnaise and smoked paprika in a bowl and stir in using a spoon.
- Step 4
- Add the mushroom ketchup and mix in thoroughly.
- Step 5
- Once the potatoes are completely cool, cut into bite-sized pieces and add to the mayonnaise mixture. Gently mix to ensure the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Step 6
- Serve with a salad or the dish of your choice!