I just love this Vegan Roasted Red-Pepper Sauce. It’s tangy, spicy and so quick and easy to make when you are in a hurry!
With a combination of red bell pepper and red chilli pepper, it has a beautiful rich orangey-red colour which makes it an attractive addition to many dishes that call for a little bit of sauce.
Just 3 Ingredients to make this Tangy Vegan Roasted Red-Pepper Sauce
Being a lover of spicy foods, the chilli adds some spiciness to this sauce. But it gets its fabulous tanginess from the vinegar in the jar.
However, the addition of the vegan mayonnaise gives it balance so it is not too vinegary.
So start by finely chopping the chilli.
I have made it without chilli and it is still really good. So if you are not a fan of spicy foods, you can leave it out.
Once you have finely chopped the chilli, just place all the ingredients in a blender and blend together to form a smooth sauce.
Give it a taste. If you feel it needs it, add a little freshly ground salt and black pepper, and that is all there is to it!
A delicious, go with anything, sauce in 5 minutes!
There are so many health benefits from eating bell peppers – check out some nutrition information from the WebMD, Pepper Power: Nutrition and Other Benefits. Lots of vitamin C, really good for us as we head towards winter and all those nasty coughs and colds!
What’s in a Name?
I have called it a sauce, but it also makes a great dip for things like my Vegan Home-Baked Flour Tortilla Chips and my Vegan Salt & Pepper Potato-Wedges. It makes a fantastic relish for vegan burgers, in wraps, and pitta bread too! Also, very tasty as a salad dressing!
It’s really lovely warmed and poured over hot dishes like my Vegan Couscous Stuffed Mushrooms.
If you do want to use it warm, just heat it gently in a pan over a low heat for a minute or so, or 30 seconds at a time in a microwave. Be careful not to overheat though, as it will break down the structure of the mayonnaise and make it too runny.
Happy Sauce making and please comment below to let me know what you have this Vegan Roasted Red-Pepper Sauce with! 😊
Vegan Roasted Red-Pepper Sauce
- 250 ml / 8½ fl oz
- 5 min
- 244 per batch Cals/Serving
- Print this
- 200 g / 7 oz roasted red peppers from a jar
- 30 ml / 2 tablespoons good quality vegan mayonnaise
- 1 red chilli pepper
- Freshly ground salt and black pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Finely chop the red chilli pepper.
- Step 2
- Place the roasted red peppers, finely chopped red chilli pepper and vegan mayonnaise in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Step 3
- Taste and season with freshly ground salt and black pepper, if required.
- Step 4
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Step 5
- Serving suggestions – can be warmed to use as a sauce over hot foods like my Vegan Couscous Stuffed Mushrooms, or serve as a cold sauce in burgers, wraps, and as a salad dressing. Also great as a dip for tortilla chips and why not try over my Speedy Vegan Sharing Nachos.