All those years ago before I became a vegan, I loved Le Roulé Cheese with its wonderful garlic flavour, and now I love my version, Vegan Le Roulé Cheese!
By using garlic puree instead of fresh garlic, it gives this cheese a lovely saltiness too.
Spread on my vegan rosemary & poppy-seed crackers, you get even more wonderful flavours!
By using a good quality vegan soft cheese like Violife, you have the base to make so many wonderful vegan cheese-based dishes. So why not turn one cheese into another cheese? 😉
And that’s exactly what I did here.
Vegan Le Roulé Cheese, quick, easy and very tasty!
Especially when served with my vegan rosemary & poppy-seed crackers. The two together complement each other perfectly.
Light and crispy crackers, smooth and creamy cheese, what better?
Le Roulé means the rolled and by rolling my version of this cheese, you get that amazing herb look and taste throughout without actually mixing them into the cheese itself.
Only takes 10 minutes, if that!
Just pop the soft cheese and garlic puree in a bowl and mix well.
Then place on a piece of cling-film and roll into a sausage shape of about 21½ cm / 8½ inches long.
Then carefully place the chopped parsley along one edge and, using the cling-film, gently press into the cheese.
Now all you have to do is form the roll. I find a spatula the best thing to use to guide the cheese round to form a spiral shape. Fold over the cling-film and gently press down to make a smooth top.
Transfer to a serving plate and either eat straight away or refrigerate until needed.
The longer it sits the more the garlic flavour will develop and the flavour of the parsley will seep in.
When you are stuffed from a large Christmas lunch, cheese and crackers are great for just topping you up in the evening. Thus making this cheese, along with my vegan rosemary & poppy-seed crackers, perfect for Christmas day!
Especially as you can make ahead. This cheese will keep for at least 2-3 days in the fridge.
Please leave a comment below and let me know what you think of my version of Le Roulé cheese!
Happy Le Roulé making and ENJOY! 😊
Vegan Le Roulé Cheese
- Makes 100g
- 10 min
- 282 Cals/Serving
- 100 g / 3½ oz vegan soft cheese
- 5 ml / 1 teaspoon garlic purée
- 15 ml / 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Step 1
- Mix the cheese and garlic purée together.
- Step 2
- Place the cheese mixture on a piece of cling-film, fold the cling-film over the cheese to cover and form a sausage shape of 21½ cm / 8½ inches long.
- Step 3
- Pull back the cling-film and place the finely chopped parsley along one edge of the cheese.
- Step 4
- Again, fold the cling-film over and gently push the parsley onto the cheese so that it sticks.
- Step 5
- Pull back the cling-film and, using a spatula, gently shape the cheese into a swirl to form the Le Roulé Cheese (The Rolled Cheese).
- Step 6
- Cover with cling-film and refrigerate until needed.
- Step 7
- Serve with my Vegan Rosemary & Poppy-seed Crackers.