These Speedy Vegan Sharing Nachos are super quick for creating a bowl of melted cheese over refried beans when you want a great snack, in a hurry.
I can make these quicker than my husband can choose a film to watch!
Although a great snack for sharing over drinks with family and friends, when you add a few sides, this dish makes a great main meal too.
Add a few pickled gherkins and, maybe some Vegan Salt & Pepper Potato Wedges, for good measure and there you have it, sharing heaven!
Seems hard to believe that the dish known as ‘Nachos’ has been around for 80 years. Take a look at the story behind how the dish came about and was named after the creator’s nickname.
Traditionally the tortilla chips would be warmed, but they are great straight from the packet too.
I always serve sides with Nachos, but you don’t have to. Therefore, I always make the side dishes first because once the Nachos are ready they need to be served whilst the cheese is still warm.
This is because cheese, especially vegan cheeses, can solidify when they cool down after heating. Thus making it harder to dig into with a tortilla chip.
Please note that the time given does not include time to make any side dishes.
Then all you have to do is heat the refried beans in a microwave, or a pan on the hob, and then place in the centre of a large serving dish. Make sure it’s heat-proof.
I like to cover the beans as they can decorate the inside of your microwave! And stir them a couple of times during heating, this ensures the beans heat evenly.
Preheating the refried beans is important because they are quite solid when they come out of the tin. Please use good quality refried beans, such as Old Elpaso. I have tried some supermarket brands and they were not that nice!
Yes, I know what you are thinking! But they taste great! 😂
Top with the grated cheese.
And pop under a preheated grill until the cheese has melted.
Place the tortilla chips around the sides and top with slices of pickled green jalapeños, or fresh ones if you prefer.
Please comment below if you make this dish and let me know what you like with your Nachos!
Now SHARE and ENJOY!
Speedy Vegan Sharing Nachos
- 15 min
- 382 Cals/Serving
- 200g Bag of tortilla chips
- 1 tin good quality refried beans
- 50g vegan cheese that melts well
- Slices of pickled green jalapeños to serve
- Step 1
- Preheat the grill on the highest setting.
- Step 2
- Place the refried beans in a microwave-proof dish, cover and heat for 2 minutes, stirring a couple of times during heating.
- Step 3
- Then place the heated beans in the middle of a large, heat-proof serving dish and top with the grated cheese.
- Step 4
- Place under the hot grill until the cheese has melted.
- Step 5
- Place the tortilla chips around the sides of the beans and melted cheese and top with slices of pickled green jalapeños.
- Step 6
- Serve with pickled gherkins, Quick & Easy Vegan Salsa, and Delicious Creamy Vegan Guacamole – share with friends.