The Avocado in this delicious creamy vegan guacamole is so smooth.
And with just a few ingredients, you can make a mouth-watering dip in minutes.
Before you start, make sure you have prepared all of the other ingredients. Once you cut the avocado in half, it will start to discolour if left too long.
Now you can cut the avocado in half lengthways and remove the stone. The best way to do this is by smacking the stone with the blade of a knife and twisting.
If the avocado is ripe, the stone will come out easily.
Blend the avocado to the texture you like. I like mine smooth and creamy!
But it is important to get the right avocado. Too ripe and it may already be turning black inside and not ripe enough will result in a hard, lumpy texture.
So, when shopping for your avocado, make sure it is soft when you press it gently. But if the skin feels ‘hollow’ underneath your thumb when pressing, it is likely to be over-ripe.
Once you have the texture you like, add the remaining ingredients, and stir in with a spatular.
Please leave a comment below to let me know what you had with your Guacamole!
Delicious Creamy Vegan Guacamole
- 15 min
- 120 Cals/Serving
- Print this
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ½ red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- I each of red and green Jalapeño chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped
- Handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped (a little extra to serve - optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Black pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone.
- Step 2
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a food processor, or similar, and blend until you reach the texture you require. The more you blend it, the creamier it will become.
- Step 3
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir in with a spatula.
- Step 4
- Transfer to serving dish, top with chopped coriander (optional) and serve with Vegan Home-Baked Flour Tortilla Chips.
- Step 5
- Enjoy with friends!