This stunning Butter Bean & Radish Salad is perfect for Spring and Summer BBQs and Buffets.
I love the way the red in the radish soaks into the butter beans to give it a lovely look of pink tree blossom. Perfect for this time of the year as the trees are blooming into life.
Although it takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, it’s the chilling and marinating that allows the flavour and colour to infuse into the beans. The longer it’s left to marinate in the marinade, the pinker the beans get.
You can prepare this delicious salad and leave it in the fridge for up to 24 hours before you want to serve it, and leftovers (if there are any!) will keep for another day or so.
But please note, this salad is not suitable for freezing.
How To Make Butter Bean & Radish Salad
Butter beans are a great way to get more plant protein and fibre in your diet. And, although I love butter beans straight from the tin, they taste even better when left in a marinade to absorb flavour like in the recipe.
Equipment you will need
Step 1 – Place the sliced radishes in a mixing bowl and sprinkle over the salt. Give it a quick stir to coat the radish slices.
Step 2 – Add all the remaining ingredients and stir well.
Step 3 – Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for several hours, or overnight, gently stirring occasionally.
It’s important to stir occasionally to ensure all the beans and radish get to soak up the lovely flavours from the oil, vinegar, and lemon.
I always use an airtight container when refrigerating because if you don’t the fridge and everything in it will smell of garlic! 🧄🧄
Step 4 – When ready to serve, stir the salad again and use a slotted spoon to remove it from the bowl, and serve over a bed of mixed leaves.
Step 5 – You can use the remaining liquid as a dip for bread – yummy!
This salad serves 2 when having as a light lunch or evening meal. But it will easily serve 4 – 6 people as part of a summer tapas meal, served with other tapas dishes.
You can get my Vegan Tapas ebook, with 20 delicious tapas dishes, absolutely FREE when you subscribe. So, with this recipe, you will have 21 delicious tapas dishes for those lovely warm summer evenings, to share with family and friends 🥰
Did you make this fabulous butter bean salad? – please let me know if you did, I would be really grateful to hear from you. So please leave a comment in the comments box below 👍👍
Happy Salad making and ENJOY!
Butter Bean & Radish Salad
- 10 min
- 293 based on 2 servings Cals/Serving
- Print this
- 1 200g / 7oz pack radishes, washed, topped and thinly sliced
- 2.5ml / ½ teaspoon freshly ground salt
- 1 400g / 14oz tin butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 30ml / 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 30ml / 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5ml / 1 teaspoon lemon thyme, finely chopped
- 1.25ml / ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bag of mixed salad leaves to serve - optional
- Step 1
- Place the sliced radishes in a mixing bowl and sprinkle over the salt. Give it a quick stir to coat the radish slices.
- Step 2
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Step 3
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for several hours, or overnight, gently stirring occasionally.
- Step 4
- When ready to serve, stir the salad again and use a slotted spoon to remove it from the bowl, and serve over a bed of mixed leaves.
- Step 5
- You can use the remaining liquid as a dip for bread – yummy!