This Best Ever Vegan Chocolate Orange Tart is so smooth and so creamy.
I am not a massive fan of chocolate or desserts, but I cannot resist this one!
And it’s so easy to make.
Simply turn the biscuits into crumbs, melt the butter and add to the crumbs to form a base for the tart.
I have used a glass dish that has a diameter of 8inches and lined it with clingfilm. This is so it comes out of the dish without damaging the tart. But you can use a cake tin (a springform cake tin works well) or silicone mould with the same diameter.
Once the biscuits and butter are completely blended, evenly spread into your lined dish/tin.
Next, make the filling for the tart.
Using a hand blender, or food processor, blend all the ingredients except the chocolate.
Then, using a glass bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave. I use a glass bowl because I find the melted chocolate comes away from the sides better than in a plastic bowl.
To make sure you do not burn the chocolate, microwave for 30 seconds at a time and remove from microwave when there are still some lumps left. Melt the remaining lumps by gently stirring with a spatula until smooth.
Add the melted chocolate to the blended ingredients and blend until completely mixed.
Spread over the top of the biscuit base and chill for several hours in the fridge.
To serve – top with grated chocolate.
It looks amazing on its own, but add orange segments (optional) to add colour when serving. See ‘How to Segment an Orange‘.
To me, this really is the Best Ever Vegan Chocolate Orange Tart and I hope you enjoy it as much as I and my family and friends do 🥰🥰.
Best Ever Vegan Chocolate Orange Tart
- 30 min
- 376 Cals/Serving
- For the Biscuit Base
- 150g vegan ginger-nut Biscuits
- 40g vegan butter
- For the Filling
- 1 pack silken tofu (349g)
- 5 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 150g vegan dark chocolate (85% Cocoa) and a little extra to grate on top
- Orange segments for decoration - optional
- Step 1
- To make the Biscuit Base – Put the biscuits into a food processor, or similar, and use the pulse button, or short bursts, until they turn into biscuit crumbs.
- Step 2
- Melt the vegan butter and add to the biscuit crumbs and blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Step 3
- Next, line an 8in dish, or cake tin with clingfilm. A ‘springform’ cake tin also works well. And spread the biscuit mixture evenly, to cover the bottom of the dish. Place in the fridge to chill whilst you make the filling.
- Step 4
- To make the Filling – Place the tofu, golden syrup and orange extract into a bowl, or food processor, and blend to a smooth texture.
- Step 5
- Using a glass bowl, melt the chocolate in a microwave for 30 seconds at a time, until there are only a few lumps left. Melt the remaining lumps by gently stirring the chocolate with a spatula until it is smooth. Do NOT over microwave as it will burn the chocolate. (Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of water if you prefer).
- Step 6
- Once the chocolate is melted, add it to the filling mixture and blend until completely mixed in.
- Step 7
- Next, pour the filling over the biscuit base and spread evenly, leaving a few swirls with your spoon on the top.
- Step 8
- Place in the fridge for several hours to chill. Please note – chilling time is not included in preparation time.
- Step 9
- When completely chilled, grate some chocolate over the top and serve with orange segments – optional. See – How to Segment an Orange.